- Object-oriented approach
- Scintilla-based code editors
- Embedded helper objects
- Vector graphic editor
- Ready-to-use libraries
- Dictionary editor and manager
- Importing and exporting of library items, configurations, object descriptions, programs, and scripts
KPA Automation Studio offers a set of editors to design, code, deploy and troubleshoot an automation application. Using a dedicated editor, a software engineer creates a configuration – a model that describes relevant layer of an application, from electrical bus signals to user interface controls. All configurations are stored to the project database and are used by run-time components to evolve an industrial control application.
The following configurations are available for software engineers:
- Bus Configuration – description of a bus architecture including bus master parameters and bus slaves configuration. KPA EtherCAT Master is integrated into development environment. CAN and ProfiBus configuration are available when using EtherCAT-CAN or EtherCAT-ProfiBus gateways respectively.
- PLC Configuration – structure and logic of PLC resources described in accordance with IEC 61131 standard. SFC and ST languages are available to describe PLC logic. Standard library collection includes general-purpose IEC and proprietary functional blocks (FBs), networking FBs, Modbus TCP communication FBs, Fieldbus diagnostics FBs and EtherCAT CoE FBs.
- Visualization Configuration – Human-Machine Interface description, with a collection of user interface controls and windows. All user interface elements have fully customizable appearance and behavior.
- Security Configuration – list of users and user groups, with permissions and limitations assigned to them.
- Dictionary – collection of translated text strings that are used in HMI.